- Lots of customizable options available
- 100% renewable solid parawood base
- This chair features a no-motor mechanism
- Remote-controlled mechanics for ease of use
- Memory settings that remember registered positions
- Inbuilt heating and massaging features
- PROZero feature to recline beyond the zero gravity position
- A range of elevated leg and recline positions is possible
- The recliner supports the “One Touch” Zero Gravity mechanism
I think we can all agree on one fact: offices might top the list of most stressful places to exist.
Luckily, the world has realized the importance of relaxation as much as the need for work. Hence, inventions like the Zero Gravity Office Chair are there to save backs and legs that spent years laboring in the corporate world.
But first, let’s get this straight – Zero Gravity Chairs aren’t floating chairs.
They are recliners that distribute the body weight evenly so that the heart and legs of the seated are in alignment with each other. Thus, allowing maximum efficiency of the heart and lungs by taking away the weight of gravity from them.
This chair elevates the legs above the heart to release pressure from the spine. Zero Gravity Recliners take away stress from the back and legs and provide a relaxing, almost weightless feeling allowing to release tension. Thanks to its customizable properties, every individual is bound to find their ideal seating position. If you are searching for the best Zero Gravity Office Chair in the market right now, make sure to read this post till the end.
TOP 3 Zero Gravity Office Chairs (2021)
- Product Dimensions: 43″D x 31″W x 47″H
- Color: Cognac Premium Leather
- Material: Leather
More features: 100% renewable solid parawood base, Lots of customizable options available.
A premium quality, pure leather chair that can hold up to 400 pounds of weight. The Human Touch Perfect Chair PC-420 is best for post-surgery care. People who have gone through some back or spine surgery will find comfort and a speedy recovery.
This sturdy chair is not only great for your back but can also be customized to be pleasing to the eyes. The leather and the wooden body are fully customizable as per the customer’s preference. The pure leather upholstery of the chair produces a relaxing, cooling sensation.
This chair features a no-motor mechanism. It works by shifting the recliner’s position by using one’s body weight. This feature eliminates the need of mechanical errors or failures in the future. However, some people may find the chair too rigid or firm to move with bodyweight alone.
The brand Human Touch is the only brand to be associated with the World Federation of Chiropractic (WFC).
- Customizable wooden body and leather.
- The only brand which is associated with the World Federation of Chiropractic (WFC).
- No motor mechanics will save repairing hassles.
- Difficult to move by motion from zero gravity position.
- The back of the chair is only halfway covered by leather.
- Lousy customer service.
- Product Dimensions: 42″D x 31.5″W x 46″H
- Color: Ivory
- Maximum Weight Capacity: 300 Pounds
More features: Remote-controlled mechanics for ease of use, Inbuilt heating and massaging features, Memory settings that remember registered positions
A faux leather chair that can hold up to 300 pounds of weight. This luxurious Svago Zero Gravity Recliner also provides extra comfort-enhancing features other than its zero-gravity nature.
This beautiful-looking, smart chair is equipped with a remote controller to aid in changing positions. It also features inbuilt heating and massaging features for a complete stress-relieving experience.
The best part? The chair has a memory setting that remembers registered positions so you can resume back to your ideal position whenever you use the chair. Smart, right?
- Inbuilt heating and massaging features.
- Remote-controlled mechanics for ease of use.
- Detachable pillows.
- Memory settings that remember registered positions.
- Available in only two colors – white and black.
- Remote controlling mechanism prone to technical errors.
- Product Dimensions: 41″D x 35″W x 45″H
- Color: Barista Leather
- Maximum Weight Capacity: 400 lbs
More features: The recliner supports the “One Touch” Zero Gravity mechanism, PROZero feature to recline beyond the zero gravity position, A range of elevated leg and recline positions is possible.
Recipient of the 2015 Design Journal ADEX Award for Design Excellence. The Human Touch Perfect Chair PC-8500 is a modern-looking chair with smart controls. Ideal for post-surgery recovery like its sibling mentioned above.
The recliner supports the “One Touch” Zero Gravity mechanism, enabling the user to switch directly to the ZG position. This model, unlike its predecessor, comes with a memory setting that remembers ideal positions for the user.
Another smart feature called the “PROZero” is what makes this recliner stand out. This mode takes the user beyond the ZG position – an experience more profound than its competitors could offer.
- “One Touch” Zero Gravity mechanism for smooth operation.
- Memory settings to remember registered positions.
- PROZero feature to recline beyond the zero gravity position.
- A range of elevated leg and recline positions is possible.
- Stylish design.
- Prone to technical errors due to its “one-touch” mechanism.
- Can be complicated to navigate through given its multiple features and functions.
- Lousy customer service.
- Made of fabric unlike its competitors.
- Product Dimensions: 42″D x 31.5″W x 46″H
- Color: Ivory Leather
- Maximum Weight Capacity: 400 pounds
More features: “One-touch” Zero Gravity button for smooth operations, Independently operating power head and footrests, Sturdy and well built.
Another beautiful design to elevate your legs and your office/lounge, this recliner also comes with the “One Touch” feature to take you straight to that relaxing, floating experience.
Made of high-grade bonded leather, the Cozzia Dual Power Zero Gravity Recliner can hold up to 300 pounds of weight. Featuring massaging vibrations and heating features for that extra comfort, this chair is sure to give a treat to your back.
The head and footrests can be operated independently to adjust each position as per your comfort. Add a detachable pillow to the mix; it becomes a win-win situation.
- Independently operating power head and footrests.
- “One-touch” Zero Gravity button for smooth operations.
- Sturdy and well built.
- Available in 3 colors.
- Failure of the One Touch mechanism will disable the main function of the chair.
- Seat angle may feel uncomfortable to some users.
- Product Dimensions: 40″D x 32.75″W x 41″H
- Color: Black
- Maximum Weight Capacity: 250lbs
More features: Foam cushioning equals extreme comfort, Relatively cheaper option, Swiveling mechanism for an enhanced experience.
The first swiveling chair of the lot for those of you who are still young at heart. Yet, a foam cushioning upholstery to survive the jolts of tension on the aging spines. Our last chair serves them all.
This plush faux leather chair is a true experience in the name of comfort. The Flash Furniture Contemporary Multi-Position Recliner is paired with an ottoman stool for leg elevation.
This model comes with a lever to shift into multiple positions. The chair’s build is not only beautiful, but also solid and sturdy to survive the countless (read: ruthless) lever pulls.
- Swiveling mechanism for an enhanced experience.
- Relatively cheaper option.
- Foam cushioning equals extreme comfort.
- Comes with an Ottoman Stool.
- Not a traditional “zero gravity” chair.
- Assembly can be complicated.
- Faux leather prone to flaking.
A Zero Gravity Chair is a long-term investment for your health. Making sure the chair, you are eyeing meets your requirements is the key. Remember functionality over aesthetics, always.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is there a weight limit for Zero Gravity Chairs?
Most ZG Chairs may hold up to 300 pounds.
Is it OK to sleep in Zero Gravity Position?
YES! Sleeping in ZG position is completely okay; in fact, healthy too. This position reduces pressure from your body, especially the spine. Moreover, as mentioned earlier, your heart and lungs work at maximum efficiency during this position.
Is Zero Gravity good for back pain?
Absolutely! It is an effective way to reduce or eliminate back pain thanks to its ability to reduce and distribute tension evenly in the spine.